2004-08-10.iwj.dbg.3: Board Advisors
August 10th, 2004
The following resolution was accepted by the Board of Directors of SPI on August 10th, 2004.
- SPI aims to further the interests of its Associated Projects; Associated Projects are not necessarily represented on SPI's Board of Directors;
- The SPI Board may appoint or remove Board Advisors as it sees fit;
The Board of Directors of SPI resolves that
- The Board hereby creates the position of Representative Advisor and offers one Representative Advisor seat to a representative from each active Associated Project.
- Each Representative Advisor will be nominated and recalled at the discretion of the Associated Project being represented.
- Each Representative Advisor is an Advisor by virtue of their nomination by the Associated Project, without further resolution of the SPI Board.
- The SPI Board reserves the right to vary the number of Representative Advisor seats it offers to a particular Associated Project. The SPI Board also reserves the right to reject, remove, or replace a Project's nominee(s), should the need arise.
Furthermore the Board reconfirms that
- Unless stated otherwise, Advisors appointed directly by resolution of the Board shall serve a term of one year from the date of their appointment, and may be renewed in the same manner they were appointed an unlimited number of times;
- All Advisors shall be included on the Board mailing list, have the right to attend all Board meetings, and to propose and speak to, but not vote on, Board resolutions. Advisors may not speak on behalf of SPI without the explicit permission of the Board.