Meeting agenda for Monday 20th November, 2017

This is the proposed agenda for the SPI board meeting of Monday, November 20th, 2017, to be held at 20:00 UTC in #spi on irc.spi-inc.org.

  1. Opening
  2. Roll Call
  3. President's report (Martin Michlmayr)
  4. Treasurer's report (Michael Schultheiss)
    1. FDIC insurance limits
  5. Secretary's report (Valerie Young)
  6. Outstanding minutes
    1. Monday, 11th September 2017 (Valerie Young)
    2. NYC F2F Meeting, 9th-11th October 2017 (Valerie Young)
  7. Items up for discussion
    1. Resolution 2017-10-12.mzh.1
    2. Review of F2F Action Items
  8. Any other business
  9. Next board meeting: December 11, 2017, 20:00 UTC

President's report

pending

Treasurer's report

pending

Secretary's report

pending

Resolution 2017-10-12.mzh.1: Supporting FSFE's "Public Money, Public Code" campaign

WHEREAS

1. The FSFE has established a "Public Money, Public Code" campaign that
advocates that all software developed for the public sector using public
funds be made available under a Free and Open Source Software licence.

2. By adopting a "public code" policy, public bodies contribute
materially to the free and open software commons.

THE BOARD RESOLVES THAT

1. SPI agrees to be listed as a Supporting Organization of the "Public
Money, Public Code" campaign.

2. SPI encourages members to support this campaign by signing the Open
Letter on https://publiccode.eu/

F2F Action Item Review

Luca Filipozzi

  • Review Amendment section today for clarity after the bylaws are passed
  • Write resolution describing process to establish adhoc committees
  • Write terms of reference for sysadmin adhoc committee
  • Generate list of domain names owned by SPI
  • Meet with Sabrina to discuss expanding her duties
  • Develop an infrastructure refresh plan
  • Sysadmin information organizing/state assessment/future plan
  • Document access control and password management

Jimmy Kaplowitz

  • Email Mishi with our answers to her questions about bylaws so that she can make a new draft.
  • Check with Ian Jackson on the wording re: membership, as he has expressed concerns before
  • Will create summary of changes and email out to members along with final draft from Mishi. Goal to vote on board in November/December. General vote January/February.
  • Document relationship between SPI and Member Projects

Martin Zobel-Helas

  • Provide written feedback to Sabrina on her work

Valerie Young

  • Follow up with terms of reference for membership committee
  • Put in future agenda (February) decide to go through and organize resolutions (active/inactive)
  • (or Martin Zobel-Helas) Prominently advertise twitter on the website
  • Generate a code of conduct

Martin Michlmayr

  • Propose resolution to revoke Board Advisor role
  • Contact/query potential defunct projects
  • (or Valerie Young) Create a sponsor/thank you page
    • thanks for supporting SPI operations:
    • SFLC
    • Bytemark
    • Mythic Beasts
    • Craiglist Charitable Fund
    • Google
    • link also to "thank you" pages that associated projects have
  • Ask Valessio Brito for logo suggestions and report backdrop
  • Ask the auditor of Software Freedom Conservancy for consultation
    • Ledger audit questions: one transaction per receipt or per reimbursement
    • chart of accounts
    • approval process?
    • expense policy, what should be in it
    • what other policies do we need
    • internal controls
    • possibly review of financial statements
    • what does it take to get from here to get to state we can pass an audit?
    • frequency of audits
    • new york source fund -- if we have more the $25,000 income from NY state, state law requires yearly review or audit

Tim Potter

  • Fix address in reimbursement form